Go Play was a programme run by Inspiring Scotland on behalf of Scottish Government to grow the play sector in Scotland, offering more chances for children aged 5 to 13 years to participate in free play.
Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) and Inspiring Scotland worked with a group of funded play charities to explain in simple terms:
- The problem or need that play and play charities are addressing
- The outcomes of play organisations and play – and how they link to the National Performance Framework
- How to evaluate the outcomes of play and play charities
As a result of this work we developed the Go Play Outcome Evaluation Framework which included:
- a practice based logic model which described the outcomes from the play sector
- a desk review of literature to evidence the need the play sector is meeting
- a section looking at evidencing the outcomes from play
- a list of indicators and common methods
- the 4 case studies of play organisations, with logic models and examples of how they evaluated their work
To download a copy for the Go Play Outcome and Evaluation Pack click here.
Following the evaluation of the Go Play programme, Inspiring Scotland is re-funding part of the Go Play portfolio through the Go2Play programme. This consists of 8 ventures who provide ‘play rangers’ to encourage children to play outdoors.
ESS worked with funded organisations to develop a simpler set of outcomes and indicators to report on and a common reporting template.
Get in touch!
Contact us for more information on Go Play or Go2Play