Funder Learning Programme
From 2014-18 a grant from The Robertson Trust has allowed us to run a Funder Learning Programme of events, training and resources for funder learning.
- Ken whit? Learning about funder learning his paper is for Scotland funders. This end of programme report tells you about our Funder Learning Programme and its impact, and what we found out about funder learning. (April 2018)
Our Funder Learning Programme offered a variety of seminars specifically designed for funders.
In 2016 we offered the following range of funder learning events are:
- Walking the Talk seminar which was on 5 September 2016. A group of funders were facilitated to use the Walking the Talk resource and support them with planning and evaluating their influencing work.
- Small grant big impact? was on 11 October 2016 in Edinburgh. A seminar to explore how the impact of small grants can influence funding, practice and policy.
- Getting the best from your grant-holders was on 22 November 2016 in Edinburgh. A workshop helping funders with evaluation language and good practice supporting those they fund.
- Getting the best from external evaluation was on 9 November 2016. This was a facilitated workshop for funders and people who have been commissioned to undertake external evaluations. See the resource 'Getting the best from external evaluation - Principles for funders' created from this workshop here.
- Funders and funded in harmony was on 28 February 2017. A seminar for funders and third sector practitioners to co-develop good practice principles around evaluation.
- Evaluating small grants – a briefing for funders Learning from the 'Small and Simple' funders' masterclass.
- Evaluating our capacity building –a briefing for funders
- 'Adding Up Outcomes' masterclass in this report.
- Evaluating Together
For more information