Our support to third sector organisations
“Since the support we have gone through all of our paperwork… referral forms, questionnaires everything and I think we must have reduced it all by a third….so we have definitely become a lot more efficient and our evaluation is a lot less burdensome now.” Isabel Montgomery, Deveron Care Concern
Are there any user friendly evaluation tools that I can use? How do I evaluate a soft outcome I can't count? How do I report to funders? How do I make time for evaluation? If any of this sounds familiar here are some of the ways we can help?
Browse our “Evaluation Pathway” to find FREE resources, tools and simple support guides. That might be all you need to get going.
We have evaluation workshops to help third sector organisations get to grips with evaluation and share practical ideas with each other.
We can provide a small amount of free support by phone or e-mail, for example, to get you started on evaluation or to give short feedback on an evaluation plan or report.
If you need more in depth help we can provide tailored support to your organisation to help you embed evaluation. Tailored support involves one or more meetings of about 2-3 hours between a member of the ESS team and a person or a few people from your organisation. We can provide this support by telephone or email, if necessary.
Support is tailored to the needs of your organisation and might include (although not all at once!):
- Write outcomes
- Define indicators
- Develop appropriate information collection methods
- Analyse data you have gathered
- Write reports
- Devise an evaluation plan
- Embed evaluation into your organisation
- Think about what you want from an "external evaluation".
We normally have to charge you for tailored support to cover our costs. A session costs £552 (including VAT).
A tailored support session helped Youth Borders and its leads members to
“Kick start the process we need and to have logic models in place to help future joint funding bids. We have since built on the session and are in the process of completing between the managers two joint logic models around the partnership and young people. The session has helped clarify our thinking and been an integral part of our forthcoming plans to apply for funding for the next 3 years and we will be working with ESS again to expand the process and learning with the wider YouthBorders’ membership.” (2017) Clare De Bolle, Chief Officer, YouthBorders
- Sometimes a funder will pay us to provide support to their funded organisations. This is called an evaluation support account – perhaps your funder has set up one with us?
- Our case studies will give you an idea about the work we do with third sector organisations (and funders).
- ESS can’t do an evaluation for you! But we can help you commission an external evaluation
- Deliver Train the Trainer in Evaluation courses training others to deliver evaluation workshops to strengthen the evaluation capacity across the Third Sector.
Get in touch!
Learn how we can tailor our support to your needs