Inspiring Impact Scotland
Forthcoming Network events
Getting others on board with evaluation
13 December 2017
At Dovecot Studios Edinburgh.
This free interactive workshop is an opportunity to:
- hear speakers from other third sector organisations share their experiences
- learn with and from people facing similar challenges in engaging trustees, colleagues and volunteers with evaluation
- make new connections in your professional network
More information and to book your place here.
Sharing tools for evaluation
Wednesday 21st March 2018
Where: Glasgow (venue tbc)
Maybe you’ve successfully adapted existing evaluation methods to suit the needs of your project, or perhaps you’ve involved your project participants in creating the right tools for the job. Or is it that you just need a spot of inspiration? Come along to our evaluation tools exchange. Bring your experiences of when evaluation worked well- and what you used to get it done- and share and learn from others.
Who it is for: Anyone in the third sector who has a role that involves project evaluation and would like to get some new ideas about different methods and tools for evaluating their work.
Sharing news and feedback from your evaluation
When: Wednesday 13th June 2018
Where: Edinburgh (Hanover Conference Centre)
Description: So you’ve evaluated your work and written up your findings in a report. Who needs to know what you’ve been doing and how well you’ve been doing it? Your funders, project participants, colleagues and volunteers, the communities you work in - a range of people will be interested in different aspects of your work.
This workshop will help you think through the ‘who, what why and how’ of communicating your evaluation findings beyond the written report, including strategies for telling people about when things didn’t go as well as you’d hoped.
Who it is for: Anyone in the third sector who has a role that involves project evaluation or communicating evaluation findings.
Scottish charities face many of the same challanges as their peers across the UK, but operate in a different context, and do not always have the opportunity to access and learn about good practice from the rest of the UK.
ESS will share learning about impact measurement and reporting from Scotland to enhance the Inspiring Impact programme. ESS will also ensure that Inspiring Impact products are accessible and appropriate for Scottish organisations.
II Scotland plan for 2016/17 includes:
- Running two Embedding Impact Practice Group learning events with the organisations we supported through II in the last two years. These closed sessions offered participants a safe space to share experience and learning with peers on embedding evaluation and impact practice within their organisation, through facilitated discussions. These events took place on 2 February and 27 July 2017.
- Hosting an Inspiring Impact Champions Network Event in 12 July 2016, Edinburgh.
- Read about what happened at this half-day event in this short report.
- Producing a step-by-step guide to help third sector organisations embed impact practice and evaluation.
If you have advice, learning or examples that you would like to share please get in touch with Louise Bowen.
Interested in embedding impact practice in evaluation in your organisation? Check out these three case studies from II champions: The Robertson Trust, Macrobert Arts Centre and Children 1st.
Inspiring Impact Scotland is part of the UK-wide Inspiring Impact programme.
Join II mailing list now!
Join the Inspiring Impact Network and receive II updates