Third Sector Research Forum past events
A key TSRF aim is to maximise the impact of third sector research and evidence through knowledge exchange and networking. The forum hosts regular events and conferences that bring together third sector practitioners and academic researchers to share knowledge and explore research collaboration.
Conference October 9th 2019 - Collaborating for Impact
Collaborating for Impact conference programme is here
The conference was introduced by a panel comprising of a peer researcher, funder, academic, Scottish Government and third sector representative talking about what research impact means from their perspective.
During the plenary session the panel gave their impressions of the conference:
The transcript for this panel discussion can be downloaded here.
The conference aimed to support cross-sector networking and knowledge exchange by
- exploring the impact of research collaboration between the third sector and universities
- providing an opportunity for third sector, academic and other interested parties (such as public sector and funders) to engage together in learning about collaborative research and its impact
- Workshops and other activities led by third sector organisations and academic partners
- Cross-sector panel discussion on impact and third sector research evidence
- Stalls with information and resources. These will include the latest Third Sector Research Forum guidance paper ‘Funding for Third Sector Research’ and a new resource from the Knowledge Translation Network, ‘Community Involvement in Evidence'.
For those who attended the conference and didn't get the chance to give feedback on the day please feel free to complete the form and return to email@example.com
Conference report coming soon.
Let's Collaborate 2018: Researching Together
Funded by the Scottish Government Third Sector Research Forum 4th 'Let's collaborate' event, Researching Together, took place on 1 February 2018 .
To get a flavour of Researching Together and to see tweets from participants read this storify presentation.
Read the Conference report
Slides, handouts and roundtable notes from interactive sessions
Coproducing research with disabled people: Disability research into independent living and learning - Dr Jim Elder-Woodward OBE Chair, Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living (DRILL research) and Dr Elaine Douglas - slides here and handout here.
The Research for Change programme - Martin McKee, Social Lab - slides here.
The University of West of Scotland-Oxfam Partnership: Reflections on some experience of collaborative research and advocacy - Professor Chik Collins, University of West Scotland - slides here.
Research by the community: what can we learn from community-led action research? Facilitated by Andrew Patterson, Scottish Community
Let's Collaborate 2015: The programme for the day involved short presentations, thematic roundtable discussions and three breakout sessions. To get a flavour of the day and see what participants had to say read Jane Marryat's report.
Let's Collaborate 2014: Read the report from the event to find out what happened and what was discussed!
Be brave, ask, and keep trying - a guide to what to consider when looking for funding for third sector collaborative research NEW
This guide is for third sector organisations (TSO) that want to obtain funding for collaborative research with academia. It gives ...